So, I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging anything. Vacation, man! Get off my back! *Looks around shiftily.* Anywho, my vacation was amazing. I wish I could say I feel refreshed, but it was exhausting. Now I just find myself homesick for that hecticness as I sit around with nothing to do but hang with Jillybean all day. Fortunately, hanging with the Bean just so happens to be the highlight of my life.
My vacation was mainly just visiting family. Jilly ate up the attention like no other, just as long as I was the one holding her. She did okay near the end, but she just wanted her mommy pretty much the whole vacation. But what can one expect from a baby who's never met anyone or been anywhere other than with her mom and dad and a small group of close friends? She did awesome.
I don't have too much time to write tonight, so I'll write about my vacay later. But for now, I'm going to write a short bit on "Adventures in Nursing."
The day before yesterday, Jillian decided that the only way she'd eat is in the side-lying position. For my non-nursing friends reading this, this means I lay down on my side, Jilly lays on her side, tummy to tummy, and she eats. This has always been her favorite way to eat, but until Wednesday she'd eat however she could because the girl loves her food.
Now, Miss Fuss has recently started to scoot around a bit. She can scoot in circles like a pro, and she can go backwards, but she's learning to army crawl forward at the moment, at least when she's not getting super frustrated and just looking at me screaming. ("Why aren't you moving me? What do you want from me, Mom? JUST PICK ME UP ALREADY OR MOVE ME AND STOP MAKING ME TRY TO DO IT!!!!")
Yesterday, as she was eating, I noticed she was kicking off me with her legs, and rolling onto her stomach. All the while, she had her brow furrowed in concentration and was grunting a bit. She scooted a bit, pulled off and laughed, then continued eating. All the while I was just kind of staring like "Uhhh..what are you doing, love?" After a few minutes, she moved herself into a full out backbend, then straightened herself out so she was perpendicular to me. And yes, she was still eating with an occaisional giggle thrown in.
Today, she somehow managed (I was napping with her so I'm not 100% sure how this happened), while nursing, to turn all the way up so her body was pressed against my face, once again still eating the whole time and giggling.
Apparently, we have to eat in the side-lying position only so she can turn me into her little mealtime jungle gym. I have a feeling the older she gets the more shenanigans while nursing I'll experience. My little crazy kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment